Key Features of Fluke 88V Deluxe Automotive Multimeter
- Built-in thermometer designed to measure and monitor air, surface or immersion temperatures. (Requires optional 80BK temperature probe)
- Measure voltage up to 1000 Volts AC and DC.
- Measures Resistance up to 50MΩ.
- Flight recorder function that records minimum, maximum and average values, capturing and stores intermittent readings.
- Magnetic hanger for easy set-up and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks.
- 6000-counts display.
- To capture stable readings, it uses Touch hold function which avoids noisy signals.
- It has Analog bar graph for fast changing or unstable signals.
- Safely Rated: CAT III or CAT IV.
- To capture variations automatically, it uses min/max/average Alert.
- It measures temperature up to -200°C to 1090°C in celsius and -328°F to 1994°F in Fahrenheit.
- It has a Large digital display with bright, two-level backlight.
- Measure current up to 10A, 20A for up to 30 seconds.
- It performs coil test function that uses conductance to find shorts between DIS coil primary and secondary windings.
- If you are using wrong input jacks, it provides audible warning against it with its input alert.
- For fuel injectors, it measures millisecond pulse width.
Reliability of Fluke 88V Deluxe Automotive multimeter
Fluke 88V automotive multimeter is used to diagnose cars electrical and computer problems which make it very reliable and durable. When you are testing an ECM connection for different voltages or resistances the speed of this multimeter is much better than the other meters.Yellow protective sleeve protects the meter from severe damage in case of drop down. Even without a sleeve meter durability is excellent; if the user handles it carefully it will be remains in good condition for several decades. At the end of the sleeve back is available which provide the mechanical strength to the meter. Because of its durability and reliability, it is used in many Automotive testing applications and it rarely measures faulty readings.
How to disable Hybrid high voltage circuits?
To safely disable or isolate a hybrid’s high-voltage circuits, you will need to have:
- A digital multimeter i.e Fluke 88V Automotive multimeter that is rated to at least 1000 volts, CAT III or CAT IV.
- A pair of rubber or synthetic rubber insulating gloves, rated to at least 1000 volts AC that are free of faults;
- High-voltage system shut-down procedures for the specific vehicle that is being serviced approved by Vehicle manufacturer’s.
- Electrical leads that are rated to at least 1000 volts, CAT III or CAT IV, and which are equipped with at least one insulated alligator clip.
Accessories of Fluke 88V Deluxe Automotive multimeter
Fluke 88V Automotive Multimeter Combo Kit Includes:
- C800 durable carrying case.
- Fluke 88V multimeter.
- 9V battery.
- 80BK temperature probe (range -40°C to 260°C or -40°F to 500°F).
- AC285 long reach alligator clips.
- RPM 80 inductive probe.
- TPAK ToolPak™ Magnetic Meter Hanging Kit.
- TP220 test probes.
- Magnets & Strap.
- Two automotive back probe pins and insulation piercing probe.
- TL224 silicone test leads.
- Getting started manual, CD with detailed manual and 9-volt battery installed.
- Lifetime warranty.