Fluke 150x series insulation resistance tester is an ideal tool for professional technicians because it is reliable, compact, easy to handle and rugged. Due to the additional feature of the remote probe on this tool, it saves lots of time and money while performing the test. It is used for preventive maintenance applications and troubleshooting with its multiple test voltages property.
In this Article You will learn:
- 1 Models of 150x series insulation resistance tester
- 2 Key features of Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester
Models of 150x series insulation resistance tester
Fluke 150x series Insulation resistance testers are used for following purposes depending upon user requirements. According to market demand, we brought new products in the market as per customer demand. Two most demanding models of this series are:
(i) Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester.
(ii) Fluke 1503 insulation resistance tester
Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester is the latest version of Fluke 150x series insulation tester due to its additional features. In this article, we are going to explain you in detail fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester.
Key features of Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester
It is a new category of test tools which makes maintenance test more thorough and troubleshooting more effective. Here we are going to explain you some of its key features which makes it more famous. Features are:
- It measures Ac/ Dc voltage up to 0.1V to 600V.
- For user protection, it uses the Auto-discharge function for capacitive voltage.
- Ranges of insulation test voltages are 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V.
- With the Automatic calculation of Polarization Index and Dielectric Absorption Ratio, it saves both time and money.
- Ranges of insulation test resistances are 0. 01 MΩ to 10 GΩ.
- Measures continuity up to 200mA.
- With its advance feature of remote probe, you can easily perform repetitive or hard to reach testing.
- Measures resistance up to 0.01 Ω to 20.00 kΩ.
- For added user protection, Its live circuit detection prevents insulation test like if the voltage is greater than 30V it easily detects the error.
- Make repetitive tests simple and easy.
- With auto power off function, it saves lots of battery power.
- With large, backlit display it read measurements easily.
- Remote probe, test leads, probes and alligator clips included with each tester.
- Safely rated: CAT IV 600 V overvoltage category.
- To free your hands for other work, it accepts optional Fluke TPAK magnetic hanging system.
- It uses NEDA 15 A or IEC LR6 alkaline batteries for at least 1000 insulation tests.
- Warranty period: One Year.
What is insulation tester?
Insulation testers are used for testing or determining the integrity of electrical installations and windings or cables in switchgear, transformers etc. We use different methods of testing depends upon the type of equipment being tested. These testers do not depend on the single reading but on the collection of relative readings. Always avoid performing the test using Insulation tester on low capacitance equipment because the time-dependent current would diminish quickly and resulting in same measurements.
Why it is necessary to use insulation testers?
Insulation testers play a vital role in this field due to following reasons:
(i) Installation testing: To ensure the public and personnel safety we are using insulation tester at the time of installation. Sometimes, when you perform high dc voltage test between grounded and current carrying conductor you got an electric shock. To prevent or eliminate the possibility of having a life taking short circuit, we are using these testers. This test is performed after the initial installation of the equipment and ensures high-quality installation, protection against shock and most important customer satisfaction.
(ii) Maintenance testing: To protect and enhance the life of electrical systems and motors, we are using insulation testers. Sometimes, electrical systems lead to insulation failure resulting in loss of production or even fire because they are exposed to environmental factors such as temperature, dirt, stress, grease, oil etc. To overcome this problem, we perform periodic maintenance test using insulation tester which provide information about the state of the system & predicts possible failure of the system.
Accessories of Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester
When we order Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester we got extra components within its box. We list those components below so that you will not miss any component. Have a look over it. It includes:
- Remote probe
- Alligator clips
- Test leads
- User documentation
- Test probes
If anything is missing or damaged inside your box as listed above then immediately contact the place of purchase immediately.
For electrical parameter measurements using Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester: Click here
Applications of Fluke 1507 insulation resistance tester
We can use these insulation resistance testers in different fields. Following fields are:
- Test and Measurement.
- Repair & Maintenance.
Soon in our next article we explain to you how to measure different quantities using this Insulation resistance tester. Hope you all like this article. We always appreciate your suggestions.